Why Dubai Metro RTA?
The metro has a full operating capacity of providing inter city transport to 1.2 million commuters daily. As of April 2014, the metro has a 35% utilization rate and with the days passing by; the infrastructure is expanding, foreigners’ proportion of population is increasing, and more people are preferring Dubai Metro as their primary means of transport.
- Population is increasing 6.4% annually
- Indians, Pakistanis, and Bangladeshis represent 78% of the population. Whereas, Emirati Arabs consist of only 12.5% percentage of the population.
- Arab children spend 40% of their time playing on their personal devices
- Tourism is at peak during the months of October to April. Tourism saw a 10% increase in 2013, and has high projections considering Dubai Expo 2020.
- Rush leads to unfavorable incidents during peak hours
- Most of Dubai’s Metro commuters seem reluctant to take advantage of the many minutes spent between stations.
- Home sick expats or tourists have to go through a lengthy process for tracking down their fellow national.
- When tourists seek help, they write down their questions on a piece of paper and ask them from a national. However, reliability of the answer is vague, and people end up asking the same question multiple times.
Proposed Advertising Buzz:
- Module 1: Capitalizing the rush with in the economy class
- Module 2: Attractions for children
- Module 3: Connecting fellow tourists, and non nationals
- Module 4: Bringing value to static advertising panels